Saturday, April 11, 2009

Reunion


I am happy to say that my loving partner has returned home--and to stay for a while too. She has had some very exciting trips, but is also very glad to have returned home. This "reunion" of a sort reminds me of the fact that often we take for granted those whom we love until they are not present. I feel deeply for those spouses whose loved one is in the military and gone from home for months on end. I cannot imagine what it would be like, or to have lived in times when travel was not like it is today and a trip to Alabama from North Carolina and back would've taken months. Needless to say, it really is the little things that we forget to be grateful for at times.
For tonight, I am just grateful to have my lovely wife home safely. I hope all of you who read this will thank God for your loved ones tonight, and appreciate them for what they add to your life--and what it would be like without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment